Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

A/C unit was not working at all. Outside fan not running. I

Customer Question

A/C unit was not working at all. Outside fan not running. I replaced the dual capacitor but fan still did not run. Bought new fan motor and now fan runs. But it is now cycling on and off every 5 seconds. Help please.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll do my best to help. Let's get started and see what we can do.Do you have a multi meter and a set of refrigerant gauges for troubleshooting?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is anyone going to answer me?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would it be easier to call?
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need.
I can try to assist you if you want. If the unit is cycling on and off, it would be best to have a voltmeter so I can have you take some readings. Could you borrow one from a friend? Or they can be picked up at a local hardware usually for under $25.