BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

I have a Carrier chiller model

Customer Question

I have a Carrier chiller model 30HT-280-0033-EE using the "Pro-Dialog Plus" control system.
Can you adjust the high superheat setting setpoint? its factory set at 41.6 degrees Ceslius. but we have this chiller chilling an ice-rink and heating a swimming pool and we get high superheat faults.
Thanks
Stephen
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.
I pulled the spec manual...the superheat is factory set and cannot be changed via the control system. Actually it warns about NOT TO attempt changing the superheat on this unit.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh ok Billy, I thought that might be the case. Have you ever struck this before? It probably is an unusual application, with freezing and Ice-rink and heating a swimming pool. The freezing performance is good, its just the high condensing temperature to heat the pool creates some issues.
Stephen
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.
sounds like a application issue outside of design...can you change the flow rate of the water loop for the pool?