Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My newly installed Infinity Touch Control thermostat/main control

Customer Question

My newly installed Infinity Touch Control thermostat/main control screen is blank, as are the two sub-zone controllers. All the lights are off on the attic unit, but no breakers seems to be thrown. Can you provide me a plan to trouble shoot this?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
Welcome! We keep going until you have all of the information you need.[b/]. Extensive training & coaching also available.
There is no fixed plan. It it is step by step complex diagnosis. The community college training for that skill set takes 2 years full time, when complete about 50% of the students could sort this out if they are on site and using instruments. the other half of the students would need a 3 or 4 years supervision on the job.
That is what you are looking at here.
If you can tell me what was in place prior to the new thermostat unstallation, and crisp photo's of the furnace wiring diagram, and diagrams of the two sub zone controllers, and have a few hours, there is about a 30% chance can coach you to a resolution.
If that seems like a long shot, tell me which direction you are from the center of the nearest city, and I will locate a well rated company in your area that can handle those sorts of complex controls (Their fee will be in the $250 to $800 range).
Let me know we can go from there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Phil,
This was a pretty bogus answer - I will complain if you charge.
J
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
Hello again, so far I have not given you an answer of any sort...
I have submitted an 'information request' and attempted to orient you to the scope of these issues so that we can be on the same page.
I have 51 years in this business, the first 30 as owner of a shop with 27 men, the last 20 consulting nationally.
Let me know if you would like to continue or not, we can go from there accordingly.
.
.