Jason Whatley
Jason Whatley, HVAC Technician
Experience:  HVAC/R Supervisor at DOJ
83376504

Similar problem with R410a. I have an error code of F90. Can

Customer Question

Similar problem with R410a. I have an error code of F90. Can you please tell me what that is. Cheers Bob
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Jason Whatley replied 1 year ago.
Hi! My name is ***** ***** I'm here to help you out! The F90 fault code is "Power Factor Correction Protection". Do you have a multi meter or voltage meter that can read AC and DC voltage?
There are 3 things that can be causing your issue:
1) High DC voltage due to high supply voltage
2) An issue with the compressor windings causing high DC peak voltage
3) A faulty outdoor circuit board
I can help you figure out which one it is if you have a multi meter or volt meter that can read AC, DC and resistance (ohms)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi JasonThanks for the response. However, I emailed Just answer about 6 hours ago indicating I did not want to proceed with my inquiry as I had found out elsewhere what an F90 error was. I am happy for you to retain my deposit but I don't want to proceed with the inquiry. I am in Australia and it will be necessary for me to get a serviceman out here to do the work and you are UK based. Thanks again. Bob
Understandable, please do not rate any answers from here and email customer service for a refund. If you rate it will close your session and charge your credit card.