Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My Rheem Blower control board model 1106-10, 62-24340-02

Customer Question

Hi My Rheem Blower control board model 1106-10, 62-24340-02 need to replace due to blower fan is not working, It will be Monday to get the part. Until that help me to bypass to run the blower fan. Outside unit is working fine, ttat put new batteries and working fine.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 2 years ago.
Do you still need help?
Billy
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, I am waiting for the answer. Please see the control board as attachemnt
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 2 years ago.
Thank you...this is a dual voltage unit so I need to know if yours is 120v motor or 230v?
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 2 years ago.
and also...this is a ecm motor which commonly it is the end bell module on rear of motor that is bad...how was this diagnosed as board?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am not sure about voltage, but the motor has label - GE - ECM 2.3 - 1/2 hp - 120/240v.
Few days ago blower didn't work and when I ON and Off the unit works, last night again it stopped and When I put the fan auto to ON it works until now, So the motor is working, when I unplug the board white plug to get the model number and pug it back, now fan is not working at all. I had the same issue few years ago, it fixed with replacing the board.
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 2 years ago.
Thank you...99% of the time it is motor module.
I will pull the spec sheet to see if there is cheat bypass for the 2.3 without changing the harness...back in 5...
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 2 years ago.
Last info needed before I can confirm if possible.
in your large harness that plugs into board...how many wires are actually in connector?...there are 15 spaces but can have fewer wires
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Actually all 15 are used, please see the attachments
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi I am very sorry actually 3 of them are empty, let me send a picture again
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Please see the new picture, only 12 of them are used and you can see color code clearly. Sorry for my earlier mistake
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Billy, Thank you for trying to help me, but it is very difficult to wait 24 hours in this hot days, therefore I got a support from another technician. Please inform just-answer not to charge my CC. Thanks once again.