Brian HVAC Guy
Brian HVAC Guy, HVAC Technician
Experience:  I have been an HVAC/R mechanic/technician for 30+ years.
67988511

I have an Amana ASXC6036 that I am hooking to a non communicating

Customer Question

I have an Amana ASXC6036 that I am hooking to a non communicating T'stat. I have 24 volts outside but the unit will not start
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Brian HVAC Guy replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Brian. I'm here to help!
Wiring your system in Legacy mode (non-communicating), you need to have R, C, Y1 and Y2 hooked up from the outdoor unit to the same terminals in the air handler (or furnace) control board and then the thermostat wired to the air handler or furnace according to the thermostat and air handler manual.
If you'd like, I can set you up with a Additional Services Offer to enable a phone call. This is an additional charge of $48. Let me know if you prefer that.
If you can provide the make and model numbers of the air handler or furnace and the thermostat make and model number. I can give you and exact wiring scheme in writing here on this question at no further charge. It's your choice. Either way I will need the model numbers of the indoor unit and the thermostat. Let me know how I can help further.
Thanks, -Brian