Brian HVAC Guy
Brian HVAC Guy, HVAC Technician
Experience:  I have been an HVAC/R mechanic/technician for 30+ years.
67988511

I installed a honeywell rth6350d1000 thermostat to replace my up

Customer Question

I installed a honeywell rth6350d1000 thermostat to replace my burnt up old one on my system. I have a heat pump and had no issues with heating at all but now that it's 90 degrees out my cooling will not kick on. The thermostat says it's cooling but no cool air...wondering if I have it wired correctly
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Brian HVAC Guy replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Brian. I'm here to help!
If the outdoor unit ran ok through the heating cycle as heat pumps do, then the only thing you could possibly not wired up right or programmed right in installer set up is the W-O/B terminal. There should be wire on the W-O/B terminal and it should connect to Orange or O on your outdoor unit, and in installer set up your system type function should be set to heat pump and the reversing valve function should be set to energize in cool. Otherwise if all that is correct, you may have a problem with your outdoor unit.
Thanks, -Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All is wired as Manual said. Not sure this is going to help. How does this work now....I'm not on the hook for 45 bucks for a response that leaves me right back where I was correct?
If you would like to continue our conversation to find out what is going on you can get the tools and meter out and I will help you through the diagnosis. We can continue here for as long and as in depth as you need to try to solve the mystery! I'm here to help in any way I can with my knowledge and your eyes, ears, hands and test tools! Or, I can send your question to customer service for a refund and this will not have cost you a dime! It's your choice just as the service stated!
Thanks, -Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the attempt...I will chose to go another route. Please send my question to customer service.
Very good then. Thanks for trying our service. Have a great day!