Jason Whatley
Jason Whatley, HVAC Technician
Experience:  HVAC/R Supervisor at DOJ
83376504

Have a Lennox cb 29m-21/26-1p. A/C blower was not working.

Customer Question

Have a Lennox cb 29m-21/26-1p. A/C blower was not working. Have replaced capacitor and blower motor. Outside unit is running, but blower still not working. What is next step or what else can be the problem?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Jason Whatley replied 2 years ago.
Hi! My name is ***** ***** I'm here to help you out! Have you verified you have power going to the blower motor from the circuit board/relay?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Don't know? How do I verify that?
I want to confirm we are talking about the indoor blower not running and not the outdoor fan first.
If the indoor blower is not working, we will need to disconnect where the wires for the motor are and check there for voltage with a volt meter or multi meter. If we don't have voltage there, we will need to check between C and G at the thermostat (if there is a wire connected to the C terminal) for 24v to verify the thermostat is calling for the fan to come on. If there is not a wire connected to the C terminal at the thermostat, we will need to check between C and G in the furnace. This will all need to be done with the power on and unit running, so we will need to be mindful of electricity connections not being touched.
*air handler - furnace