gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician
Experience:  51 years of experience install design and repair of all makes and models of AC
19613070

I have a honeywell W8835 control board that does not fire up

Customer Question

I have a honeywell W8835 control board that does not fire up for fan or AC. I have validated that the control board on the furnance is not the issue
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the heat function works fine and if I jump the red and white on the furnace control board the fan runs.
Expert:  gotoman for ac replied 1 year ago.
Russ here. Welcome. I am here to help. Please do not rate until you are satisfied with answer. Always available for follow up questions. Is this a new install. What lights are lit up on panel. Russ
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The unit has been installed for about 5 yrs. If I adjust a stat for either call (fan only or cool) it appears to cycle correctly. i.e. setting dampers however nothing happens on the furnace end. If I jump the board on the furnace end the fan/ blower will cycle on.
Try turning iff board. This will reboot system. Russ
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
did that, also used the boot function on the board. if I turn it off how long should I leave it off for? I have also removed all the stats, let them sit for 15 min or so and then reinstalled them. No Luck. Was thinking about wiring a stat directly to the furnace to see what the result is
If the lights that are lit calling for cooling and fan. You jumper R to G and R to Y and system comes on problem is with board. Russ
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not tried those jumpers yet. When you indicate problem with the board are you referring to the W8835 board? should I jumper both combinations at the same time?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hard wire in a stat bypassing the W8832 and everything fired up. Looks like I'm purchasing a TruZone. Thanks for the help
You are welcome. Good job. Russ