airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

I have a trane XE model that should be replaced. the model

Customer Question

I have a trane XE model that should be replaced. the model number is ***** What would be the current model that should be used to replace this?
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The a/c (compressor) unit was just replaced in 2012 so I don't want to have replace that as well.
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll do my best to help. Let's get started and see what we can do.You can replace the furnace with any brand and it will be compatible with the ac system.You can get anywhere from an 80 % efficient model to a 96% efficient model depending on how efficient you want and money you are willing to spend. Do you particularly want to stay with a Trane?
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
If you want to stay with Trane, the 80% furnace ,standard unit you need will be a an XB80 (TUE1B060A9361A).80% efficient
If you want a mid efficiency you can go with the XB90 (TUC1B060A9361A) 90 % efficient
And if you want a high efficiency furnace go with the XC95M (TUHMB060ACV3VB) 95-97% efficient.