Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I installed a new thermostat. It was the old round type. The

Customer Question

I installed a new thermostat. It was the old round type. The heat works and the fan works , but the ac unit does not come on. I have the yellow wire to y, green wire to G, white wire to W Red wire to R, and Blue wire to RG. I took the jumper out. I think I may have connected the blue wire wrong. On the old thermostat it was labeled as RG not RC. Having thought I may have connected it wrong for the AC
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Brian HVAC Guy replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Brian. I'm here to help!
I'm sure I can help you figure out your wiring issue. It does sound like you have that blue wire misplaced. I can make sure of that and ensure the rest of the wiring is correct if you can provide me with the make and model numbers of both your old thermostat and your new one please.
Thanks, -Brian