Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have the Honeywell th4110d1007 thermostat. When I came home

Customer Question

I have the Honeywell th4110d1007 thermostat. When I came home today the screen was blank. I put in batteries and got the program part working but the air cond. Or forced air won't kick on.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
Welcome! We keep going until you have all of the information you need.[b/]. Extensive training & coaching also available.
You will need a multi meter to look for 24 volt power at the thermostat.. and you will to pry the front of the thermostat from its sub-base in order to expose the thermostat wire connections.
Let me know that sort of work in in your bag of tricks or not, we can go from there accordingly.
,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. I don't have a meter in my bag o tricks. What's next
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
Hello again,
Next reset the breakers in the house breaker panel marked Furnace and AC.. do this by turning them OFF, then Push them to the off position against spring pressure to reset them... lets see if that works.
Then remove the furnace filter door, and hold the door switch down with your hand, and look at the large printed circuit card inside and tell me if you see an lit LED's on it or not. or an automotive type fuse pressed into the card.. tell me what you see, we can go from there.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did the circuit breaker thing and nothing happened. I took the panel off the blower thing where I put the filter and did no see any glowing lights led or spark plugs
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** like a fault in the 24 volt control circuit, or the power to the unit, it could be one of a dozen or more things causing it.
If you wish, tell me which direction you are from the center of the nearest city and I will look for one or two well rated service outfits in your area.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks but I will forward this problem to my landlord. Thanks for your help
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
You are welcome.
If you rate my assistance positively the company will pay me for my time, that will not affect your charges but is how I earn a living.
Thanks!