BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

I have a goodwin furnace GMNT060-3b furnace. My new Honeywell

Customer Question

I have a goodwin furnace GMNT060-3b furnace. My new Honeywell thermostat needs a c connector. The blue wire going to the furnace from the thermostat is disconnected because the old thermostat doesn't need a c. The blue thermostat wire isn't connected to anything at the furnace. there is a blue wire at the furnace connected to the furnace box (there is no c terminal on the circuit board. that blue wire is connected to the condensing unit lead as and the yellow wire from the thermostat is connected to the other wire going to the condensing unit. Is that blue wire the common "c"
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.
You are correct....the blue lead that the condenser is hooked to is "common". You just add the thermostat blue to the same connection