Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I replaced my condenser fan motor. The old had one extra wire

Customer Question

I replaced my condenser fan motor. The old had one extra wire so not sure about the wiring schematic on the new own.
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have attached the fan wiring schematics for the new and old fan.The old had five wires. (Black - Went to Relay Block, Purple - Went to ***** & Yellow - Were Jumped Together, and Orange went to another capacitor)The new fan has four wires (Black, I put to relay block, Yellow and Brown I jumped together, and a brown with a stripe I used where the purple was on the fan capacitor). No orange that goes to the other capacitor. Not sure if the brown and yellow jumped go to that capacitor?
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.
Actually, the brown and brown with white strip would go to the fan capacitor. Probably the easiest way to do this is to pick up an extra fan capacitor for the motor and don't wire like you did the old way. Then the black goes to one side of the contactor and the yellow to the other side.