Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a lennox hp26 042 the fan stay on all the time and the

Customer Question

I have a lennox hp26 042 the fan stay on all the time and the compressor won't kick on
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 2 years ago.
Outdor fan coming on ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes that is what is running all the time

OK, Just making sure. Do you have a volt meter for troubleshooting and can you tell in contactors are pulling in?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes I have a meter where is the contactors that I need to check

Contactors will be in upper right corner. WE should have 24 volts to the coil (between terminals)
See link below
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have the 240 but not the 24

OK lts go to the defrost board where low voltage wires come in. Check for 24v between C and Y1 (IN)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Do not have 24

OK. Lets go inside and find these control wires where they leave air handler going outside and see if we have 24v leaving the indoor unit. Make sure circuit is not broke through a float switch in drain or anything. Also you are calling for COOL at thermiostat right?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes it's set to cool and no I do not have 24 volts leaving the indoor unit

Go to thermostat. Remove front cover and give me model on thermostat,If you have terminals on thermostat labled R and C, check for 24v between R and C at thermostat.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the thermostat is a honey well model number is ***** I do not have 24 volts between R-c

OK will indoor fan come on?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Not to my knowledge. The outside fan is the only thing that is running

OK you are going to hve more than one issue here. if no 24v at any of the places we checked, the outdoor fan should not be coming on. Lets go ahead and look in air handler and see if we have 230v volts in. Also look and see if maybe there is a small auto type fuse on board in air handler and make sure it is not blown. Model on air handler may be my next question.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

we do not have 230 we have 120 coming in and 120 going out and the auto fuse is blown. Model #cbx32mv-048-230-6-03

OK looks like we may have multiple issues.1.Check breaker that supplies power to air handler. It should be sending 230v to air handler. Also if there is a disconnect, check to and from disconnect.2.The defrost board is telling the outdoor fan to run when there is no signal from indoor unit or thermostat3.If that fuse is blown, there is a short somewhere in the control circuit or a wire has tooched together to blow the fuse.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok there is 240 coming out of my breaker box outside the main box

Check the disconnect beside the air handler if you have one for power in and out.If it is fused, may be a bad fuse in disconnect
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I check power going into the disconnect witch is just 2 breakers and coming out and had to 240 on both. can I stop this now and finish it tomorrow with you can I stop this now and finish it tomorrow with you. I have to be to work at 6 o'clock in the morning

Yes that will be fine.I am in and out during the day as I own and operate a local HVAC company.