Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

The backlight on the thermostat has always been on indicating

Customer Question

The backlight on the thermostat has always been on indicating the is wired for 24 vac. Now the backlight goes on when the touchpad is touched then shuts off in a few seconds. I went to parameter 280 and the option is set at 1. Whats up?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  gotoman for ac replied 1 year ago.
Russ here. Welcome. I am here to help. Please do not rate until you are satisfied with answer. Always available for follow up questions. Make sure you do have a common wire to terminal C. Check to see if you have 24 volts between R and C terminals. Russ
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no C terminal. On the left side terminal strip from top to bottom are: Y2 with orange wire, F,X2,W1 with brown wire, S1, S2. On the right side terminal strip top to bottom: RC, R with red wire, O with white wire, Y with yellow wire, G with green wire, B with blue wire. This is as it has always been.
This is Trane so instead if C terminal is B. Russ
Go from R to b. Russ