Douglas
Douglas, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Manufacture Rep for Major Brand, Technical Trainer, NATE
27672032

Hi, I have a Baxi Solo 2 and have been in the house for a year

Hi, I have a Baxi Solo 2 and have been in the house for a year without problems. I just converted the integral garage which meant draining the tank in order to run hot and cold water from the bathroom on the other side of the stud wall. Since then the heating has dropped out intermittently, but today the heating hasn't come on at all, nor the hot water. I have looked at the boiler and the overheat light is on, faint orange glow. I go to reset it (setting the dial to zero for 10 seconds), but when I put the dial back to 3 nothing happens and the overheat light remains on. Have I blown the overheat thermostat?
Hi, I'm Douglas and I am here to help you resolve problems with your heating and cooling equipment.

It may have blown, a vapor lock when restarting may have cause it to trip and it has stuck. Fortunately, a replacement overheat thermostat kit is inexpensive. You can purchase one online at various suppliers. The kit number is(NNN) NNN-NNNN

Be sure to get air out of the system before restarting the boiler if at all possible.

You can google the part number or if it's easy, you can paste the following link I to your browser for one supplier.

http://www.akgas.co.uk/Baxi-Thermostat/BAXI-SOLO-2-3-OVERHEAT-THERMOSTAT-KIT-5106746.html