spivco
spivco, HVAC Technician
Experience:  18 years experience. Hvac and electrical licenses.
65783193

I have an old Goodman furnace.my thermocouple went out.I removed

I have an old Goodman furnace.my thermocouple went out.I removed a metal guard to get to it. It touched a low voltage wire and sparked. Now unit won't come on even in on . Could it have burned up the thermostat or heat anticipatory?or what?
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll do my best to help. Troubleshooting often requires meters and test equipment. Let's get started and see what we can do.
Most likely burned the transformer or popped a fuse in the control circuit if there is a fuse. If you can give me the model I will verify if there should be a fuse. Model will be on inside of furnace above burners on right or left side.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Model#gups100-4

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.
Hi. I'm Joe and I will be glad to help you out.

There should be a 3 or 5 amp blade type fuse plugged into the circuit board. This fuse is probably blown and would be the first thing we need to check.
spivco, HVAC Technician
Experience: 18 years experience. Hvac and electrical licenses.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That was it .besides thermocouple what else could cause pilot not to stay lit

Most of the time, that ends up being a clogged pilot orfice. Sometimes you can get it out to clean it or clean it out with compressed air, but sometimes you end up having to replace the entire pilot head.