Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician.

The furnace, after being bled, will run for a cycle and when

The furnace, after being bled, will run for a cycle and when it comes back on the fuel line has bled back into the tank and the furnace doesn't run. There are no leaks in the line. I have a one way valve on the pick up in the tank. The tank is about 32 feet from furnace and the furnace is higher (2nd floor) than the tank(ground level). The pump is able to pull the fuel to the gun when bled but, when it stops the furnace will not fire.
Do I need to put some type of assist on the fuel line? Any suggestions.

Rick :

Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you with your issue.

Rick :

It sounds like your check valve is leaking by and letting the fuel drain back into the tank. I'd replace the check valve

Rick :

If the pump works when you bleed the line then the pump should be handling the lift ok

I will replace the check valve today. I am also rechecking the lines for leaks.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The check valve is working. The fuel is in the line but, air is getting in some how. Checking lines for leaks again. Found a union that need to be tightened. We'll see if that was the problem. There was no fuel leaking from the line however.

All copper tubing connections should be flared fittings. Compression fittings can allow air into the line