gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician
Experience:  51 years of experience install design and repair of all makes and models of AC
19613070

My name is XXXXX XXXXX have a Nordyne HVAC unit r6gd-x60k096c.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX have a Nordyne HVAC unit r6gd-x60k096c. I bought this new and installed it 3 years ago. This year the heater does not function. I pulled off the panel to view what was happening during the heat cycle. When the thermostat called for heat the "purge fan" started right away. After a small delay the main gas valve turned on. When the unit noted that there was no main flame the gas valve shut down. If I lighted the flame with a lighter the unit worked fine and shut down when the temp in the house achieved the Tstat setting. I have misplaced the manual for the unit so it is difficult to determine where the problem is. Thank you for any input you may have, that will get me started on solving the problem. My E-mail is [email protected] thank you for your time
Russ here.. Jerry sounds like bad igniter is all you have. I will find source for you. Russ
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you Russ. I hope you are correct. I cannot locate the service manual for this unit, don't know where I put it. If you know where I might purchase or download one please forward the information. Again thank you for the help. Jerry Bullock (NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

Bad igniter is very common problem. FC007 is part number. Just google part number and several sites will come up. about 20.00 to 30.00. Russ