gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician
Experience:  51 years of experience install design and repair of all makes and models of AC

I have a Trane XE 80 and the burners wont stay lit. They cycle

I have a Trane XE 80 and the burners wont stay lit. They cycle up, 4 blinks when thermostat calls for heat. They burn for a minute or less then go out, after so many attempts two flashing lights indicating system lockout retrys exceeded
Russ here.. Trane Service Manager. There is flame sensor next to last burner. About 3 inches long with bend. One wire attached. Clean with sand paper and retry furnace. This is flame sensor and senses flame. It gets coated and will not prove flame. Russ
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'll try it. Recently got a High Limit error, but the switch ohms short. The furnace will run ok for about 5 mins after it has been shut down for 15-30 mins. Once it begins to warm up the symptoms repeat. That sensor does look like it could use cleaning. I'll wait for it to cool down and clean it.

Filters clean. Correct. Russ
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes replaced the filter. I cleaned this sensor. It came up ok. I think the igniter was staying on before (glow) but now it's not.. That would make sense right? If the sensor did not prove flame, the ignitor would want to stay on?

The igniter would not stay on. Let me know how it runs. Russ
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

seems to be working correctly now Russ. Thanks! I'd like to let it run for awhile though. You wouldn't happen to have a part number for that sensor would you? The furnace is 16 years old

Thanks again,

Sensor really do not go bad . The ceramac cracks or sensor wire shorts. Get a number and be right back. Russ
Part number SEN01114. Russ
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks I'll close out the call. Excellent help with this, thanks again

You are welcome and good job. Russ