airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

switching from aprilaire 8365 heatpump t-stat to a new rtf-6350.

switching from aprilaire 8365 heatpump t-stat to a new rtf-6350. Color of wires and letters on Aprilaire are

Blue(C) White(W2) Red(R) Green (G) Yellow (Y) and Orange(O/B). There is only one White wire.

Heat Pump is a 2 Ton with Heat Strip Backup

Instructions on new t-stat state to tape up the Blue (C) Wire and not use. Keep the Jumper. Connect the White to White. Orange to O/C terminal, etc.

Advanced setup recommends setting Function 1 to setting 5 (Heat Pump), Function 2 to 0 since the O colored wire was used. Function 3 does not appear, and Function 5 to 9 since there is an electric component involved in the Heat Pump. Function 6 and 12 not present and I set Function 13 to 1. Smart Technology On. Function 14 is set to Farenheit.

Am I doing this right? Will the electric Grid only come on upon a 2 degree set back and a call for heat? and not come on all the time? It's hard to tell.
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll do my best to help. Troubleshooting often requires meters and test equipment. Let's get started and see what we can do.
Here is what you should have:
Red to R with factory jumper to RC
Blue(Tape OFF)
White to AUX and install a jumper from AUX to E
Green to G
Yellow to Y
Orange to O/B
Functions as follows:
Function 1 = 5
Function 2 = 0
Function 3 = 1
Function 5 = 9
Function 6 = 9
Function 8 = 9
After that id your choice.
If you don't have one of functions listed displayed, don't worry, thermostat has set itself based on a previous entry you made.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry, my bad, White is connected to an AUX terminal also marked as E so there is nothing to jumper to Tim.

With this setup every wire is in it's correct position.

However. Funtion 1 is in 5, Function 2 in 0, F3 not an option now, F-5 is in 9, F6 and F8 are not options.

That should all be correct. Heat strips should only come on if we are 3 degrees or more different from set point or you select Emer heat mode
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I just checked again and it's F6 that's in 9 and F-5 is not an option. Does that matter. You've been a big help Tim, and eased my day's pain.Thanks.

Yes if functions do not show worry about it, thermostat has determined unnecessary.