Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Experience:  Experienced in all aspects of HVAC, both residential and commercial.

I have a Modine G105A shop heater. I cant find any information

I have a Modine G105A shop heater. I can't find any information on it. I would like to find out which type of venting required for this unit. Would this be a Type B or something else? Secondly, the wiring is all there but was cut so I could use a wiring diagram or instructions to hook it back up.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 5 months ago.

Tim H. :

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Thanks for the opportunity to help!

Tim H. :

Hello there

Customer:

Hi TIm

Tim H. :

This heater will be vented with class B venting vertically through the roof with an approved cap. Then use single wall venting from the appliance to the vertical stacK.

Customer:

does it need to be through the roof or can i do a horizontal vent out the side wall of the garage?

Tim H. :

No, it should go through the roof to establish a draft and be to code

Customer:

it sucks because i have concrete roof tiles

Customer:

ah ha, okay

Customer:

so will there be a need for double wall vent material or anything crazy?

Tim H. :

The only way you could go through the side is with a Tjernland side wall vent kit---very expensive

Customer:

yikes, probably worth more than the heater itself

Tim H. :

Yes, true

Tim H. :

So class B will be double wall vent

Customer:

ok great

Tim H. :

That is for the vertical stack only

Customer:

i could use a recommendation on where to purchase a vent kit

Tim H. :

There are many places online that sell venting. Even most home improvement stores sell it

Customer:

cool

Tim H. :

I believe this is 6 inch

Customer:

yes, that appears to be correct. the vent on the heater is 6"

Tim H. :

Yes, and it's oval coming off the draft hood, correct?

Customer:

that's right

Tim H. :

So just take the single wall and sort of "squish" it so it attaches to the outlet

Customer:

so far no luck in finding an oval to round adapter though.

Customer:

it's 6 3/4 wide

Customer:

excellant

Customer:

i will plan on that

Tim H. :

You should be able to take the 6 inch single wall and sort of "squish" it to fit

Customer:

my only other question was the wiring is cut but all there and looks to be in good shape

Tim H. :

OK

Tim H. :

If you give me about 1/2 hour, I can try and see if a wiring diagram is still available. This heater is 1960's vintage!

Customer:

yes, you're exactly right, it is

Tim H. :

I'll see what I can find if you want to check back in a bit

Customer:

thanks!

Tim H. :

No problem

Tim H. :

Here is a wiring diagram

Customer:

great!

Tim H. :

Yes, good luck! Thank you for using Just Answer and please don't forget to rate my service. (Bonuses are always appreciated). Feel free to post back with any additional questions.

Customer:

many thanks

Tim H. :

Take care

Tim H., HVAC Professional
Experience: Experienced in all aspects of HVAC, both residential and commercial.