Airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.

I have a Lennox air handler model CB30M -21/26-1P that was

I have a Lennox air handler model CB30M -21/26-1P that was installed several years ago without a heater strip but was wired for one. Do you know if a heater strip is still available for this unit or one that could fit. Thank you for your help.

Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll do my best to help. Troubleshooting often requires meters and test equipment. Let's get started and see what we can do. Depending on how much heat you need. The 15KW kit is available here.

The heat kit for these units is ECB29EH. Then after those numbers will follow 9CB for 9KW, 12.5CB for 12.5KW or 15CB for 15 KW

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for response. The air handler is wired with a 40 Amp circuit breaker which would equate to 8800 watts @ 220 volts. Allowing for the power the blower takes what size heater should I get?

40 amp circuit will not quiet be large enough for the 9KW strip. I am not sure if the 9KW (which is smallest listed.
The 9KW will draw 37.5 amps plus the blower motor which is probably about 2 more amps (need to verify by checking label on motor).
Then you should be protected by +25% , so really needs to be a 50Amp circuit .