oilburn62
oilburn62, HVAC Technician
Experience:  I have been working as a oilburner/HVAC tech for over 40 years. My strengths are troubleshooting and wiring.
76034510

Any way to know which blower mower to buy to replace the one

Any way to know which blower mower to buy to replace the one in my furnace without opening up my furnace first?

oilburn62 :

You need to pull out blower to get HP and speed. It is probably 1/3HP and 1075 RPM.

Customer:

ok, so there is no way to know before hand? was hoping to order it online (i am in chicago) so it will be in Columbus, OH when I get there Saturday to replace it

Customer:

i was hoping it was safe to assume a 1/3-1/2 hp, 1075, 115V, 4 speed direct drive but didnt know if it mattered much after that (as far as a specific fit type, etc)

Customer:

hello?

Sorry would not let me reply. These motors are pretty much universal. The 1/3 Hp motor is used in probably 75% of residential units.