Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Experience:  Experienced in all aspects of HVAC, both residential and commercial.
27228809

I have Aprilaire Automatic Humidifier Model 600. Water is

I have Aprilaire Automatic Humidifier Model 600. Water is not passing thru solenoid thus now getting to filter.
Water is getting to solenoid.

How do I check/fix problem?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 10 months ago.

Tim H. :

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Thanks for the opportunity to help!

Tim H. :

Hello there

Customer:

hello

Tim H. :

Does this use the manual control or the digital control?

Customer:

manual

Tim H. :

Have you taken the wire nuts off at the solenoid leads and checked for 24 volts with control turned all the way up?

Customer:

no, I just made sure all the wire contacts were tight. I did turn the control all the way up and let the furnace kick on but no water.

Tim H. :

Next step would be to check for voltage. If no voltage--bad control. If voltage, but no water--bad or plugged solenoid

Customer:

can we leave this question open until I check voltage?

Tim H. :

Yes, no problem

Tim H. :

Just bookmark the page and come back to it later

Customer:

thanks

Tim H. :

Talk to you later

Customer:

Im back. I have voltage across all connections.

Tim H. :

If you have voltage at the solenoid, but no water, either the inlet screen is plugged or you have a bad solenoid

Customer:

Inlet screen is clean.

Tim H. :

Then if you have voltage, but no water, solenoid is bad and needs to be replaced

Customer:

Ok, it amazes me that something so simple as the solenoid goes bad so often,

Tim H. :

Has this happened before?

Customer:

about every 24 months

Tim H. :

Yeah, that is frequent. Here should be the one you need.\

Customer:

ok thanks.

Tim H. :

Yes, good luck! Thanks for using Just Answer and please don't forget to rate my service as that's how we get paid(thanks in advance for any bonus left). Feel free to post back with any additional questions.

Customer:

I'll give you "Excellent" Have a good night

Tim H. :

Take care

Tim H., HVAC Professional
Experience: Experienced in all aspects of HVAC, both residential and commercial.