Thehvacguy, LIC HVAC,Plumber
Experience:  Certified HVAC Universal Technician,Lic plumbing contractor, 28 yrs exp

I have a ARMSTRONG UHPA090AE-5 Garage Heater. I need the owners

I have a ARMSTRONG UHPA090AE-5 Garage Heater. I need the owners manual for it can anyone help?

Thehvacguy :

Hi my name isXXXXX will do my best to solve your problem. Reply to this post and I will reply back with help before rating, Thanks Garyc

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'm running a gas line (yellow flex pipe) underground from the basement in my house to my Pole Barn it will be 60 feet underground then 50 feet in side the barn to the Armstrong Heather ( You sent me a pdf file on the heater manual) What size line do I need to run from the house (yellow) to the barn underground and what size (black pipe) to the heater so the heater will run properly?

Refresh my memory, is this natural gas? or propane(LP). and the yellow trac pipe, is it from menards? or lowes? (it may not be rated for underground use, what's the brand and where did you get it so i can look it up.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It is natural gas; the barn heater is ARMSTRONG UHPA090AE-5 Garage Heater You sent me the owner’s manual. I’m buying the gas line at VIC BOND SALES (XXX-XXX-XXXX) well known plumbing and heating Co. in Michigan where I live. The yellow underground pipe for gas is CTS, $77.49 for 150 FT. It’s the only length it comes in, and I can get 3/4 inch or 1 inch if needed. Then I’m also running a water line that is Blue 3/4 inch (can get 1 inch if needed)( water will only supply a sink for cleaning parts) to a Tank Less Hot Water Heater (4 feet underground then the gas line over top of that) thought I would run both lines throw their own super PVC pipe. What do you think?

My email address is: [email protected] THANKS!!

If its approved for under ground (the gas)then i would run 1" , then when you get to the heater, reduce it, and put in a t with dirt leg and shut off gas cock (hard pipe it in black iron out of heater) The water you can use the 3/4" cts, and then use a water service fitting (with a lock down screw its a brass fitting, and stainless stiffener inside the pipe, and convert to what you are using above ground for water withe a nipple and IP shut off valve.