gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician
Experience:  51 years of experience install design and repair of all makes and models of AC

I connected my white to aux/e it had a iumper on the old unit

I connected my white to aux/e it had a iumper on the old unit with the w2 and a red jumper. Isn't aux/e on this the same?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  gotoman for ac replied 5 months ago.
Russ here. Aux/ E are together on that tstat no jumper needed. D you go into installer setup and set option for heat pump. Russ
Customer: replied 5 months ago.

I have a red, white, yellow, green and blue. Should be connected for a heat pump. I have looked at the setup, however my old unit had a red . It was like an extra jumper wire Im assuming?wire hooked up to E and a w2

Where were wres connected on old thermostat. What is make of heat pump. Russ

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

Any way I can send you a picture? It won't let me on here?

Just wanted to know where blue wire was connected. Just tell me terminals on old tstat. Russ

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

The blue one was connected to an O terminal. Red- R, White- W2 with red wire going to E and W2 terminal. Green-G, Yellow- Y,

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

Red to R with jumper the other R. The rest is wired correct. Still need to go into installer setup and set for heat pump. Russ
Customer: replied 5 months ago.

so that red wire that went to the E on the old unit will it need to be used somewhere?

No you do not need it. Russ

Press center button and up arrow for five seconds. setup 1 option 5 for heat pump. Russ
Customer: replied 5 months ago.

Ok I think I finally have it figured out. Let me turn everything on and see what happens.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

just been troubleshooting so far. How do I know if I have a heat pump?

You had an O terminal on old thermostat. The fact it was pumping heat into house tell me it is a heat pump. Russ
Customer: replied 5 months ago.

ok I think I almost got everything figured out.

Try unit and let me know. Russ
Customer: replied 5 months ago.

That's what I'm doing right now. I'll let you know if everything is working

I will be here. Russ
Customer: replied 5 months ago.

heating and cooling systems take a few minutes to kick in. It says its for the compressor protection so it won't damage the compressor? Any idea why it wouldn't just start up?

There is a five minute time delay. Does fan work in on position
Customer: replied 5 months ago.

yes fan does work when switched to on position. Just didn't know why there was a 5 minute delay or if that was normal for each time turning on the heat and the cooling system.

Yes there is a five minute delay each time. Your outside unit may have delay also. Is everything working. Russ
Customer: replied 5 months ago.

yes I believe everything is good to go.

Great glad you are back online. Glad I could help. Russ
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician
Experience: 51 years of experience install design and repair of all makes and models of AC