Thehvacguy
Thehvacguy, LIC HVAC,Plumber
Experience:  Certified HVAC Universal Technician,Lic plumbing contractor, 28 yrs exp
63005973

my heil quiet comfort II is indicating that the high pressure

Customer Question

my heil quiet comfort II is indicating that the high pressure switch is stuck closed...is this something I can fix?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Thehvacguy replied 10 months ago.

Thehvacguy :

Hi my name isXXXXX will do my best to solve your problem. Reply to this post and I will reply back with help before rating, Thanks Garyc

Customer:

Thehvacguy :

yes, we can unstick it sometimes, or you can replace it

Thehvacguy :

are you at the furnace now?

Customer:

upstairs but can get there easily enough

Thehvacguy :

ok i will tell you what to do, and look for, then will have you try and come back and tell me what happened

Customer:

at furnace now..pattern is it fires up fine, run for 1 or 2 mins then heat goes off then fan shuts down

Thehvacguy :

you need to kill power to the furnace, remove both doors, in the burner compartment you will find the pressure switch, it will be near the flue pipe, and the inducer (flue motor)

Customer:

getting 8 blinks from led..

Thehvacguy :

what does 8 blinks say on the back of the door as far as a trouble code

Customer:

high pressure switch stuck closed

Thehvacguy :

if the switch is stuck, it should not fire up again

Thehvacguy :

so you know what the pressure switch looks like?

Thehvacguy :

Thehvacguy :

will look something like this

Customer:

yup..high pressure switch on upper right..low pressure switch on lower left..correct?

Thehvacguy :

could be silver an metal as opposed to plastic

Thehvacguy :

yes power off furnace, and taking a screw driver handle, tap sharply on both switch's to unstick them, a few times, repower furnace and tell me if it runs

Thehvacguy :

also remove the tubing to switch

Customer:

you mean give them a whack?

Thehvacguy :

make sure there is no water in them

Thehvacguy :

yes give a wack, not super hard we are just trying to unstick a switch not break it

Thehvacguy :

remove the hoses, check for cracks and water

Thehvacguy :

blow throuh them and reinsert

Thehvacguy :

then try furnace again, once back together

Customer:

sounds like water in bottom of blower fan housing...normal?

Thehvacguy :

clean your drain lines, remove the hoses and use a shop vac, the lines are clogged, and will mess with the suction of the pressure switchs

Thehvacguy :

due to the water

Thehvacguy :

do you understand what i want you to do?

Customer:

yup

Thehvacguy :

ok, do that and put back together and try

Thehvacguy :

lcan i switch to q/a format since this will take you a bit

Thehvacguy :

then just reply to this post, i will reply back with your findings

Customer:

thanks..will do

Thehvacguy, LIC HVAC,Plumber
Experience: Certified HVAC Universal Technician,Lic plumbing contractor, 28 yrs exp
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

that did the job...thanks..problem occurred the next day but turns out there was blockage the drains that kept water in the blower..cleaned it out and now it's all good.

Thanks,

-T

Thats great to hear, im glad your back up and running! Gary