gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician
Experience:  51 years of experience install design and repair of all makes and models of AC

can you use a Honeywell TH6220D programmable thermostat on

can you use a Honeywell TH6220D programmable thermostat on an EWC-ST-2D HVAC - not heat pump

If yes - I need a wiring diagram to show where the B and O wires are connected.  6 wires available.

Russ here.. If you do not have a heat pump. B and O do not connect. Russ
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

They were connected and are referenced on our wiring diagram at the furnace. We won't have 2 zones if they are not connected.

Let me check my EWC manual
With that EWC board you must have a thermostat with separate O and B terminals to work. Russ
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK - good to know. The local HVAC guy recommended this thermostat, so I guess he was wrong. We cannot get it to work. Will try to exchange it with the electrical supply company.

You are welcome. The B terminal signals heat. The O terminal signals cool on the panel. Russ