BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

Hi I have a ceiling ducted system... Fitted in to a house I

Hi I have a ceiling ducted system... Fitted in to a house I have just bought. The panel is showing a CH 33 fault I don't appear to have an error list in the manuals. Can you advise what the problem is and how to reset please.
Thanks
Warren

This can be several situations.

The most common = the outdoor condenser is dirty or plugged. It requires washing out the coil.

Next is problems with the fan motor outside not moving enough air across the coil

And least common is there is too much freon in the system.

Basically the code means we overheating the freon

Billy

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
So what do I need to do?
This depends on which of the items is the cause and your own comfort level and ability.

Washing the outdoor condeser is not hard to do and can be done simply with a garden hose and spraying the coil out (coil looks like a radiator)

If it is a fan motor we need a voltmeter and the aptitude to use it.

If it is a freon issue there is nothinh you can do as it is governed by the EPA, meaning the unit would need to be serviced a contractor.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Can I reset the error (cancel)
After the situation is remedied you will turn power off to the indoor and outdoor unit and then back on