Airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.

I am switching out a Honeywell t87 thermostat and installing

I am switching out a Honeywell t87 thermostat and installing a White-Rodgers UP300C
There are 5 wires hooked up to the Honeywell thermostat they are
I am not sure where to wire in the RH and the R labeled wires on my new thermostat
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll do my best to help. Troubleshooting often requires meters and test equipment. Let's get started and see what we can do.
If you have a seperate wire hooked to R and RH on your honeywell, this implies we have both a heat and a seperate cool transformer.
Now tell me what terminals you have on the new White Rodgers.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Tim
The terminals I have are Y2,L,O/B,Y,G,W,6,W2,C,R
I am trying to find a wiring diagram for the new thermostat to make sure we can use a 2 transformer setup with it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sounds good

Thank You

Do you see any other numbers on the thermostat like may a number that starts with 1F?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No that's not on there

Ok found the wiring diagram, Note says if you have both RC and RH (2 transformers to contact White Rodgers. I am on hold with them now. Will report back shortly as soon as I have an answer. This thermostat may not be compatible with the 2 transformer system, but I will let you know shortly.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok thank you

Sorry for the delay. I have been on hold. As I suspected, the UP300 is not compatible with the 2 transformer system using both RC and RH terminals. The UP400 is compatible or there are a variety of good thermostats I could recommend. But we have to make sure e have both an R and RC or RH and RC terminal

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you I appreciate that what thermostat would you recommend that would work well

Do you want to be able to set a program schedule?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes that would be good

One of the best choices for the money is the Honeywell RTH6350. Lowes sells for 49.98.¤tURL=%3FNtt%3Dthermostat&facetInfo= It will come with a factory jumper between R and RC. You will need to remove that jumper and put your R wire to Rc and your Rh wire to R

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank You

Thanks for allowing me to work with you. If satisfied with my assistance, please rate accordingly. Also should you need assistance with the new thermostat feel free to come back for follow up assistance.