Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician.

We live in Owings Mills, Md. Our house, one story 3000 sq.

We live in Owings Mills, Md. Our house, one story 3000 sq. feet, is heated entirely by radiant heating pipes under the blue stone floor of the house. The oil heating system works very well. We called our heating contractor, who cleans our boiler each fall, to clean the boiler. The heating system was installed around 1990. It is a Burnham oil heating unit, Series V-I, with the following ID plate on the exterior of the boiler: IBR Boiler No. V-18A. Our contractor says before cleaning the boiler, the boiler requires the installation of a new combustion chXXXXX XXXXXner. My question is: who should our contractor contact to purchase the correct combustion chXXXXX XXXXXner for our particular unit. Should he contact Burnham directly, and if so, please tell us whom he should telephone or email, and their respective numbers or addresses. Also please advise us as the correct name and numerical ID of the combustion chXXXXX XXXXXner for our particular Burnham boiler. Thanks for your assistance. David M. XXXXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX  Tel: XXX-XXX-XXXX

Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 8 months ago.

Rick :

Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX X will do my best to help you with your issue.

Rick :

I have the same series boiler and I replaced the chamber when it was about 20 years old

Rick :

This is a common maintenace item

Rick :

You don't need an OEM chamber. We use (as do most in the business) a generic wet pak replacement chamber

Rick :

The "wet" refers to the target wall piece which comes wrapped in plastic and forms to the back (target) wall of the chamber. The bottom of the chamber is covered with a piece of KoaWool a non woven fire proof blanket. These wet pak kits should be available at any plumbing supply house particularly one that sells Burnham

Rick :

Let me know if you have any more questions

Customer:

I have NOT received an answer? What does Rick - JACUSTOMER-big8bhby mean? Who is he? I have not received any answer from anyone? Rick is marked offline?

Customer:

Rick: what is your answer. I have not received your answer

Customer:

Rick, what have you posted in reply to my question? I am told to review your post, but I haven't seen your post? Do you have an answer or will you have an answer? Kindly advise.

Customer:

I am unable to read your answer in sequence or in full because my computer skips certain portions. Can you have justanswer send your answer to me at my email address, so I can read it, in its entirety, from beginning to end? Thanks for your help.

Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Experience: 40+ yrs. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician.
Expert:  Rick replied 8 months ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Rick replied 8 months ago.
I'm sorry we appear to be having issues with the chat format. I switched to this format were we should have better luck. Here are my answers again:

Rick :

This is a common maintenace item

Rick :

Rick :

Expert:  Rick replied 8 months ago.
I'm sorry about the chat glitch. Please see my answer above
Expert:  Rick replied 8 months ago.

I have to leave for (with any luck) less than an hour. Hopefully customer service will have contacted you by then to tell you how to get out of chat. I'll respond as soon as I return.