Airheatman
Airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.

Hi Heath was wondering if you could help us with our Coleman

Hi Anybody, I was wondering if you could help us with our Coleman heating unit DGATO70BDD. We took the blower off to clean it reassembled it and now it wont turn on. The blower does work of the unit we tested it. The unit does have main power to it but the green lite is not coming on and the motor wont kick on. Any idea what is going on?

Category: HVAC
Expert:  Airheatman replied 8 months ago.

Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX X'll do my best to help. Troubleshooting often requires meters and test equipment. Let's get started and see what we can do.

Heath does not appear to be online. Would you like to wait for him or may I assist you?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

ok sounds great

Give me a few more details about the situation. Are you referring to the main circulating blower or the vent motor? Did you turn off all power before removing blower and do you have a volt meter for troubleshooting?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

vent motor blower. no he didn't turn off all power to the unit before removing and yes volt meter for troubleshooting ;)

Reason I asked about turning off power is often wires can touch and short a fuse or transformer. Is there a small fuse anywhere in the circuit or on the control board? If so make sure it is not blown.

Next lets verify voltage both in and out of transformer. We will go from here.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

can not find a fuse anywhere. we have shut the furnace circuit breaker off and on again hmm.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Guess what we found the fuse and its bown. Hopefully that's the culprit..

If we replace it and still have problems I will contact you. Thanks

Please follow up and let me know. Very possible a couple of wires touched while working on it.
Airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience: Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.