Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician.
94766

Hi- I have a White-Rodgers thermostat 1F80-series. The heat

Hi-

I have a White-Rodgers thermostat 1F80-series. The heat won't go on, but the fan works. When I turn on the heat manually it clicks but it keeps clicking again and again every few seconds. I've changed out the batteries multiple times and that doesn't seem to change anything. I don't think there's a problem with the furnace. Any idea what's going on? Thanks!
Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you with your issue.

You can try this to eliminate the thermostat as a possible culprit. First turn off the power to the furnace. Then take the cover off the thermostat and remove the leads that are connected to the RH terminal and the W terminal and twist them together. Next turn the power back on to the furnace. If the same condition reoccurs then the problem is with the furnace or possibly a short in the thermostat wiring. If the furnace fires up and runs ok then the thermostat was the problem and may need to be replaced.