Billy
Billy, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

Hi there , I have a Rheem Horizontal furnace RGP-J-07NAMGR

Hi there ,
I have a Rheem Horizontal furnace RGP-J-07NAMGR .
The blower is always running at full speed - I think - is there a way I can adjust the speed i.e. slow it down a bit to reduce the noise when it runs .?
Thank you very much .
Liem .
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Billy replied 12 months ago.

Billy :

Hello, do you want to reduce in heat mode or cool mode?

Billy :

To reduce in heat mode, place the red wire from blower on HEAT terminal To reduce in cool mode place the blue wire on COOL Any wire left goes on M1 which is just a parking spot for unused leads.

Customer:

I want to reduce in both mode .

Billy :

then you would move black to M1.

blue to COOL

Billy :

and red to HEAT

Customer:

Ok , but please tell me where is the TERMINAL ? Is it on the PCboard ?

Billy :

correct..if you follow the wires from the blower motor they lead direct to the circuit board and attach to the terminals mentioned. If you need any help at all just let me know.

Billy

Billy :

Remember M1 is a dummy terminal just to park an unused wire....the heat termial is for heat speed and the cool terminal is for ac speed

Customer:

Ok , thanks , I am going to climb in the attic to do it now .

Billy :

Keep me posted...standing by

Customer:

I still don't know where to connect the wires . They are already connected to the board and no spare terminal ! I am attaching the pictures with this mail .

3 wires R/B/Blck
Full Size Image

Billy :

yes they are already connected..we are just changing what color is on what terminal

Customer:

So , the current positions are : BLUE , BLACK and RED . No marking as heat or cool or M1 ? Should it have a terminal marked Heat or Cool ?

Billy :

I could not get the pics to open.

Billy :

All the terminals on the board should have a letter or marking by them.

Billy :

H or HEAT is for the red wire

Billy :

C or COOL is for the blue wire

Billy :

a terminal labeled M1 is where we want the black. All these terminals already have the wires...but we are changing what wire is on what terminal

Customer:

I don't know if we are talking about the same thing ! No marking or labeling as H C or M1 . How can I send you the picture of the Circuit board ?

Billy :

I am going to switch from chat so we can exchange diagrams etc. Chat will close and then you have an email.

Billy :

Billy

Expert:  Billy replied 12 months ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Billy replied 12 months ago.
Do you see this message?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

Yes , I just replied to you via Email . Is it Ok ?

Expert:  Billy replied 12 months ago.
yes.

now you can post pic or post a file share site like mediafire.com and give me link

Customer: replied 12 months ago.

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/qhffzq46n8din/Just_answer

Thanks Billy .

Expert:  Billy replied 12 months ago.
Thank you !

in order from left to right....red, blue, black

you wiil then be slower in heat and cool.

Billy

Billy, HVAC Technician
Experience: Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics