Airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.

Freon, I need a fan motor and starter cap for a Trane XB1000.

Freon, I need a fan motor and starter cap for a Trane XB1000. Model # XXXXX XXXXX Some sites show the motor, some with starter cap...but I can't always figure out if it is the correct motor - no one is displaying the model # XXXXX the motor or cap. I know the motor is a GE, 1/4 hp, 200/230v, 1100RPM.

Can you tell me the model of the motor & starter cap?
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll do my best to help. Troubleshooting often requires meters and test equipment. Let's get started and see what we can do.
If you would like I can do some research on this for you to see what I can find.
However any standard 1/4 HP 230 volt 1075 RPM universal motor will work on the unit.You do want a PSC motor (Permanent split capacitor)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK. thanks. Regarding troubleshooting, the motor started squealing at the beginning of the season, and has gotten progressively louder. It stopped squealing after running for a few minutes, but is doing it longer and longer. I'm in SE Texas, and we still have some hot days to look forward to.

I want to replace it before it goes. I have a little experience in these areas. Trane motors sell from $190 to $369+ on line.Just trying to identify the correct parts so I can buy as low as possible.

I am an a/c contractor in South Alabama. I know what you mean about the Trane parts.That is why I say a universal motor will work. You can go to any hvac or appliance parts house and get a 1075RPM 1/4hp motor and it will work just as well as the 190 buck motor. All universal motors today are reversible so you can change direction if you need to by simply changing wires.Diagrams are on side of motor.Also you can come back here and I will be glad to assist with wiring if you need assistance. A universal motor will run about 70 bucks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Perfect. I'll go get a motor and cap this weekend. Thank you, Tim!

Thanks for allowing me to assist.Feel free to come back to follow up.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Will take you up on that if I run into trouble this weekend :).

Thanks again!

Thanks Scott.Good luck.