Airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.

I have a rheem classic 90 plus w/ contour comfort control.

I have a rheem classic 90 plus w/ contour comfort control. it is being controlled by 41-24312-04 contour modulating 7 day thermostat. it has no light and is difficult to program! what can i replace it with?
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll do my best to help. Troubleshooting often requires meters and test equipment. Let's get started and see what we can do.
What is the model on your furnace. It will be on a label inside of right hand panel?
You can often use other thermostats with these furnaces but sacrifice the modulating feature of the gas valve by doing so.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

model rgfd-07emcks

serial er5d702f069808833

My recommendation is the RHC-TST412MDMS. It is a true modulating thermostat. You could use any 2 stage thermostat, you would not be as efficient as the modulating thermostats. Here is a link and you can also Google search to find best price.