Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Experience:  Experienced in all aspects of HVAC, both residential and commercial.
27228809

Kingsman Fireplace, Freestanding model # XXXXX Serial#

Kingsman Fireplace, Freestanding model # XXXXX Serial# XXXXX gas valve is a white rodgers 36 D33U-101, Problem, fireplace comes on and works fine for a couple hrs, then there is an internal click and I lose everything including the pilot. replaced pilot assembly and worked for the day and now its back to going out every couple of hrs.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 10 months ago.

Tim H. :

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Thanks for the opportunity to help!

Tim H. :

Hello there

Tim H. :

Are you there?

Customer:

yes , sorry about that, I am here, hello Tim

Tim H. :

I'm sorry you are having trouble with your fireplace. I see you replaced the pilot. Did you also replace the thermopile at the same time?

Customer:

yes, The new pilot assembly had thermopile included with it, It was a Kingsman replacement part as well, not just a universal

Tim H. :

OK, then if pilot flame is strong and it's still kicking out, the gas valve or gas control could be bad

Tim H. :

That is what the thermopile wires attach to

Tim H. :

It could also be a bad spill switch

Customer:

yes, I wondered that because there isn't much else to this unit. its just wierd because the gas valve seems to be working ok, I can adjust the flame and everything no problem with it and my pressures are good,

Tim H. :

Yes, but internally there could be short in the wiring

Customer:

I wondered about a heat sensor on the flue , but there is no sign of one anywhere on this unit.

Tim H. :

I couldn't find a manual on the 400, but pulled up one on the 200 and it shows a safety spill switch

Tim H. :

If you follow the low voltage wiring up away from the gas valve, it may go to a safety spill switch

Customer:

I suppose you are right, its the only thing left to try, I don t deal with Kingsman fireplaces so this one has me stumped and their tech support is closed, its a very elderly couple and I d like to get them heat, any suggestions or tell them to cuddle up for the night and I ll order a valve in the morning.

Tim H. :

Yeah, if you can find the spill switch, you could try temporarily jumpering past it to see if problem still occurs. If it doesn't that would tend to lead me to believe that is the problem. Otherwise my suspicion would be the gas valve.

Customer:

well thanks Tim, it has been a pleasure talking with you. This is the first time I have used this type of Q and A but I liked it, your help is appreciatted in this matter.

Tim H. :

No problem. Yes, good luck! Thanks for using Just Answer and please don't forget to rate my service as that's how experts get paid(bonuses are always appreciated). Feel free to post back with any additional questions. Have a great day!

Tim H., HVAC Professional
Experience: Experienced in all aspects of HVAC, both residential and commercial.