gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician
Experience:  51 years of experience install design and repair of all makes and models of AC
19613070

Hvac outside unit is working but no air in the house and furnice

Hvac outside unit is working but no air in the house and furnice ventilator in attic is not kicking in
Category: HVAC
Expert:  gotoman for ac replied 11 months ago.
Russ here If the furnace is in attic check to see if the float switch located in drain line is tripped. May be a small pan with float switch. heck this first. Russ
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It seems that we do not have a switch? But we just disconnected the thermostat wire and the outdoor unit stopped, but the ventilator in the attict/furnace kicked in?
Are you trying heat or cool. Russ
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
We were trying both before but with disconnecting the thermostat wire we were trying cool
Jumper red to green to see if fan runs. Russ
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No - same as before, outside unit stops :(
Open furnace and see if fan motor is hot. It is going to be furnace board or fan motor. Russ
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Motor is cold - could it be the thermostat itself?
Push in the door switch. Jumper R to G on board and see if fan runs. Russ
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
What does a door switch look like and where should it suppose to be?
When you take door off furnace it is a toggle switch that kills power when door is open. located top of door. Russ
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
We don't have such a switch ....
If you jumper from R to G does fan come on. Russ
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No, just a humming sound but fan does not come on

Ok all indications say board is bad. Outside unit works but no fan. No fan in on position. Bad doard. Russ

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Is that an expensive fix? Would you have a ball park number.
Give me a moment to find source. Russ
Approx. 180.00. Need to get exact number off board. Russ
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok we'll have to call hvac tech tomorrow - we even switched thermostat, to no avail. The fan stopped working when we tried to switch from ac to heat earlier tonight. Before ac was running fine .... Seems that we blew something while switching :( Thanks!
You are welcome. Russ
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician
Experience: 51 years of experience install design and repair of all makes and models of AC