gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician
Experience:  51 years of experience install design and repair of all makes and models of AC

A/C: In FL I have 4 household units, 2 are 7 yrs old, 2 are

A/C: In FL I have 4 household units, 2 are 7 yrs old, 2 are 2 yrs. old. All use freon and all have fittings that are subject to corrosion. Two dealers suggest replacing all units to save money on currently expensive freon and get more leak resistant fittings. I am suspicious that replacing all relatively new units when only one has a recognized leak is over kill and over expensive. What would you advise? Is there a moderate priced replacement for freon in units of this age and get leakproof
Russ here.. Just replace equipment as needed. Refrigerant 421a is direct replacement for R22. Just have to remove CR22 and charge with 421A. Russ
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Russ...thanks for your prompt and clean response. Is there a difference in price between the former R22 and its replacement, 421a? dean

Dean. The price for R22 is about 60 to 80 per pound. 421A about 30 to 35. It will get cheaper as more is used. Russ