Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Experience:  Experienced in all aspects of HVAC, both residential and commercial.

I have the same problem--leaking water. How do you unplug

I have the same problem--leaking water. How do you unplug the line?

Tim H. :

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Thanks for the opportunity to help!

Tim H. :

hello there

Tim H. :

Are you there

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't have an answer

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Where is the answer?

I switched to the Q and A mode either to allow you to make some checks or because it appeared you were offline. In this mode, you can post questions and I'll reply. Please allow for some delay in my responses as we come and go on this site. I check my questions frequently, however, so please be patient. Please do not hit "relist" as this will slow things down.
I'm sorry you are having issues with your A/C unit. In most cases, the drain line and fitting become plugged over time. Not sure what kind of drain line you have, but if it is glued together 3/4 inch PVC, it becomes more difficult to clean. I prefer compressed air to blow the line out. If it's all glued together, it may become necessary to cut it somewhere, rinse or blow out the line and then using a coupling, glue it back together. If it's a drain hose, it's easier to take off and rinse or blow out.
If this does not help, and you are still getting water on te floor, you may have a bad A-coil and the tray underneath could be cracked or rusted out.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

where's the A-coil? How do I check it? Do I need a professional to come do this?

The A-coil is the coil that sits above your furnace and is used for air conditioning. You may or may not need a pro depending on your level of confidence with mechanical things. If you have a drain HOSE, these are relatively easy to take off and clean out. The PVC line is a bit more involved.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

sounds like I need an expert.

OK, yeah that might be the best route to go.
Good luck! Thanks for using Just Answer and please don't forget to rate my service (bonuses are always appreciated). Feel free to post back with any additional questions. Have a great day!