Brian HVAC Guy
Brian HVAC Guy, HVAC Technician
Experience:  I have been an HVAC/R mechanic/technician for 30+ years.
67988511

I just installed a brand new Modine

I just installed a brand new Modine Effinity PTC 215 unit heater and it won't power up. I have 120V power getting to the unit and it is hooked up correctly. The green "power" light does not come on when I turn the disconnect switch to ON but the amber " call for heat" r light does come on whether I have the T-stat attached or not. Any suggestions? XXX XXX

Hi, I'm Brian. I'm here to answer your HVAC question to your complete satisfaction!

Hello BJ, The fact that the amber led comes on when it shouldn't and the green led never lights when power is proven to the unit indicates a defective control board. You could try to open the unit and make sure no connections to the board have come loose in shipping but it really sounds to me like the board is bad. There is no circumstance in normal operation where the amber led lights without the green led.