Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician.
94766

WE need a manual for a Frigidaire Gas Furnace: MODEL # XXXXX

WE need a manual for a Frigidaire Gas Furnace: MODEL # XXXXX Series:FGA020505405.
The furnace is not working and the indicator on the furnace panel says: the pressure switch is stuck open.

Rick :

Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you with your issue.

Customer:

thank you.

Rick :

I can provide you with an install manual but it won't tell you how to fix your unit. I can tell you how to identify replace the pressure switch but this may not be the cause of the fault.

Rick :

You could have a blocked vent or a weak draft fan which would also cause this error

Customer:

the install manual should be a start.

Customer:

I am not where the furnace is though, I am at my home and the furnace is at my son's house.

Customer:

Thank you. I will download it and print it off

Customer:

our neighbor will check it out tonight, he should be able to at least get a better idea of it than we have here.

Rick :

I'd check the vent/exhaust for obstructions . Also check the small vacuum tubing connected to the switch for water or damage. Make sure this tubing is connected to the switch and to the fan housing

Customer:

thank you for your help

Rick :

You're welcome! Draft switches fail fairly frequently so it could very well be a bad switch

Customer:

Thank you. I've downloaded and am printing it out now. we will give it a check over this evening. thank you

Rick :

My pleasure