HVAC Applications
HVAC Applications, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Since earning BSME in the early 80's, I have worked for HVAC contractors, consultants, and sales firms.
75493351

This is about air conditioning. I would like to find a window

This is about air conditioning. I would like to find a window air conditioner where the main unit sits on the ground or floor outside the window and a small head comes through the window to bring the cool air inside. It's the reverse of the portable unit that sits inside and is vented to the outside through a duct and a small vent that site in the window. Is there such a thing and who makes it?

HVAC Applications :

Hi, I'll answer your question about air conditioning products. Would you prefer chat or change to Q & A ??

HVAC Applications :

OK let's change to Q&A, I need more info so please wait a sec

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

chat is fine

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

waiting.....

I switched to Q& A ....

Are you looking for an AC system that is all in one box?

Are you looking for an AC system that serves one room?

Is the system to be permanent or portable?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Just one box that I can store away in the winter. I'm in connecticut. Need only one room. Portable is preferred. wWe only need AC a few days in the year.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Problem with the standard window unit is that it's heavy and bulky.

John, What is the size of the room in square feet?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It's about 15 X 20

John, All window and / or wall mounted ac units are not really portable. What is your objection to the portable units with wheels designed for indoor ?
John, There is no product on the market that meets your description. If you do decide to get a portable unit that sits inside the room, get one that has TWO ducts. They are harder to find but they are much more effective and efficient to operate than the units with only one duct.

Please rate my answer if you are satisfied with it. Feel free to ask questions should you require more information.