Airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.

question about a potential bad gas valve. 36F24-209 E1 part

question about a potential bad gas valve.

36F24-209 E1 part number on vavle

Payne furnace
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll do my best to help. Troubleshooting often requires meters and test equipment. Let's get started and see what we can do.
Are you getting 24 volts to the coil on the valve itself? And do you have proper inlet pressure to the valve? We can go from here?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i can check voltage on lunch in about 30 min.

just simply 24v DC, i should be able to watch 0 then after i start the furnace turn on sequence watch it attempt to power on.

actually it is AC voltage, not Dc. But yes. Put leads on meter on the gas valve terminals. At time burners should normally ignite, watch meter and see if we get 24 volts. If not, we need to start checking the circuit to see where we are losing or not getting signal.
If we do get 24v , we will need to verify proper gas pressure to valve before condemning valve. This will require a gas pressure tester or a manometer.\
I am going to open this question in case I am gone when you return so other experts can step in.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

is it possible to assume gas pressure is ok, (after i check 24v )

I would be willing to risk not buying a manometer and just replace the gas valve, can you reference my valve number and reccomend me a replacement?

You should be able to replace valve with a Honeywell VR8345K4809 universal valve .