Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Experience:  Experienced in all aspects of HVAC, both residential and commercial.

I cannot get the fan/blower to circulate cool air. The a/c

I cannot get the fan/blower to circulate cool air. The a/c unit outside seems to be running, and the furnace unit in the basement is humming...but there is no air circulation. Can you tell I am not an HVAC guy? I have a Coleman Echelon 9.c series.
Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need.
It sounds like you may have a bad blower motor. You can reach into the panel where the blower is and try and spin the blower wheel. It should spin freely. If it does, it is either the run capacitor or the motor itself. To determine which, I'd need to have voltage readings.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The blower wheel - assuming it is what I am thinking it is (only about 7 inches in diameter) is completely encased in its housing, so I can't spin it. Even if I could, I do not have the ability to get a voltage reading.

You have to take the bottom panel off and the blower is in there. If you reach around the side, you can see (and feel) the blower wheel. You either have a bad run capacitor or the blower motor itself has gone out, hence the "humming".
I don't recommend running it until you get the blower and/or run capacitor replaced as it will cause the A-coil to ice up.