Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician.
94766

I have a Viessman Vitorond 100 model # XXXXX that is oil fired,can

I have a Viessman Vitorond 100 model # XXXXX that is oil fired,can this boiler be converted to Natural Gas

Rick :

Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you with your issue.

Yes you can convert this to nat gas using a gas power burner. Carlin, Economite and Wayne are the major brands of gas power burners

Customer:

does viessman sell a conversion kit for that unit

Rick :

No, it's just a matter of replacing the burner and the barometric damper. The burners are not OEM. These burners are after market so there is no kit from the manufacturer but one is not necessary

Customer:

Thanks Rick,

Rick :

You're welcome. BTW this conversion is very common and very cost effective given the current price differential between nat gas and fuel oil

Customer:

I think in Canada that it would be very hard to get a tech to do a conversion unless it was OEM.

Rick :

There are no OEM options. The original manufacturers want to sell you a new boiler if you want to convert. Since none of them make burners (oil or gas) they have no incentive to offer a conversion package. I don't see the difference Canada or the States. It's a simple conversion. The oil gun get's pulled and you install a gas gun.

Customer:

Thanks again, I will try to convince a gas tech to do the conversion.

Rick :

My pleasure

Thanks for using Just Answer! Please keep us in mind should you have questions in the future that could use some expert answers. You can request me personally for Plumbing, Heating or general Home Improvement/Building problems should the need arise. Just bookmark this URL for future reference
http://www.justanswer.com/home-improvement/expert-rickthecontractor/