tadowhere
tadowhere, Handyman
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in HVAC

I have a 12,00 BTU Gree Split Air Conditioner newly installed.

I have a 12,00 BTU Gree Split Air Conditioner newly installed. It just posted an "H3" error code. Any idea what that could be?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  tadowhere replied 10 months ago.

tadowhere :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX going to help you out today.

tadowhere :

Do you have the model number? H3 error code on these is usually compressor overload but would like to have your model number to verify.

tadowhere :

If you check the ouside unit and it flashes 8 times then it's in compressor overload.

tadowhere :

If this is the case I would check the pressures on the unit it may be low. Also make sure filters are clean.

Customer:

Ted, thanks for the response. I think I found the issue but would like your feedback. The outside unit comes pre-charged but the instructions don't advise how to "release" the charge. The outside unit comes with a valve on the high pressure and the low pressure connection port that must be released using an allen wrench. I was unaware of the two valves so they remained closed after I first powered up the unit. With no fluid flow, the compressor overheated / over pressured after a short period. Once the two valves were opened, the system appears to be operating correctly. The system seems to be stable with the low pressure side at about 115 PSI ( 38 degrees) witht he outside ambient at 83 degrees. The interior has been cooling nicely for several hours.

Customer:

BTW, the model number is XXXXX

Customer:

Does all this make sense? Anything else I should look into?

tadowhere :

Yeah, did you pull a vacuum on the line set before opening and releasing the charge from condenser?

tadowhere :

It always necessary to pull a vacuum on a/c line set whenever it's open to the atmosphere. Outside of that it seems your keeping cool and set. If you have any other questions just let me know.

tadowhere :

Thanks for using JA If I have helped solve your issue please accept my answer and provide positive feedback, Ted

Customer:

I did pull a vacuum for 30 minutes and then check it after another 30 minutes. It was stable.

tadowhere, Handyman
Experience: I have over 16 years experience in HVAC