tadowhere
tadowhere, Handyman
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in HVAC

Hello

Hello
Category: HVAC
Expert:  tadowhere replied 10 months ago.

tadowhere :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX going to help you out today.

tadowhere :

First what wires/colors do you have coming out of the wall?

tadowhere :

Do you have a Y2 terminal on thermostat?

Customer:

Yellow (Y)

Customer:

Y (Yellow), O(orange), Jumper W1/E (Brown), B (Black), Green (G), R(Red), W2(White), C(Bleu)

tadowhere :

Did you look at page 20 of the the honeywell manual? You need to do the alternate wiring.

tadowhere :

I can walk you through the install but want to make sure you have the correct wires in place currently

Customer:

I connected everything per page 20 but I am confuse on where to connect O, B and C. I have connected C wire to C terminal and B to O/B , but the compressor didn`t kick off

Customer:

Page 21 is confusing

Customer:

I Can connect Wires O, B and C to the correct terminal, it will work

tadowhere :

But will not shut off?

tadowhere :

do you have the jumper installed?

Customer:

No, I did not instaled the jumper because per page 17, it is not required. f you can walk me trough, I will appreciate

tadowhere :

page 17 is for 6 wire heat pump we need to do alternate wiring

tadowhere :

so don't pay attn to that page

Customer:

ok.

tadowhere :

I wanted you to look at that link to make sure this thermostat will work for your application.

Customer:

ok. give me a minute

Customer:

It is compatible

tadowhere :

ok

tadowhere :

you have a blue wire correct?

Customer:

Yes, Correct

Customer:

it was labelled C on the old thermostat

tadowhere :

was the old t-stat betterty operated?

tadowhere :

was there any wire on the aux of the old t-stat?

Customer:

I don`t see any battery on old t-start

Customer:

I don`t see any AUX on the old T-stat

tadowhere :

ok do you know if your unit is a multi-stage?

tadowhere :

due to you having 8 wires I would think you do. here's how i want you to connect

Customer:

I have a W2 terminal on old T-statwire. I believe we can assume this unit is multi-stage. is that correct ?

Customer:

ok.

tadowhere :

yellow to Y, red to R, orange to O/B, Blue to Y2, White to W2(aux), Green to G, Black to C

tadowhere :

now when you said you had a brown wire Jumper W1/E is that off the old t-stat?

Customer:

One thing I forgot to mentione is that I have two t-stat. One downstair and one upstair. I am currently replacing the upstair t-stat. the downstair t-stat is a mercury t-stat without C terminal

tadowhere :

and these are both controlling one unit?

tadowhere :

i'm thinking the brown is the emergency heat relay

Customer:

yes there is only one unit outside

tadowhere :

well that changes things depending on how they have these connected to the unit.

Customer:

there is no brown coming from the wall. the brown was a jumper on connecting E & W1 Terminal terminal on old t-stat

tadowhere :

ok

Customer:

Ok. Let me connect the cable and we run a test

tadowhere :

k sorry i thought you had a brown wire that's what had me confused

Customer:

They are connected. The Black is not connected. is that correct

tadowhere :

what do you have connected to C

Customer:

there is no cable connected to C terminal. That why I am confuse

tadowhere :

connect the black

Customer:

OK. Thanks

Customer:

done

Customer:

let me check the connection again to insure they are connected propertly

tadowhere :

ok

Customer:

here is what I have Yellow to Y, Orange to O/B, Black to C, Green to G, Red to RC ( there is a jumper from RC to R), White to W2, Bleu to Y2

tadowhere :

yes

tadowhere :

what does it do when you power it up?

Customer:

I did power up yet. I will o it now. may take 5 minutes

tadowhere :

k

Customer:

can you look at the system setup (page 54 -58) when I power the t-stat.

tadowhere :

54 number 7

tadowhere :

55 0190

Customer:

I powered on, but no power to the t-stat

Customer:

and the system is not working

tadowhere :

ok take black wire off C and put blue wire on.

Customer:

ok. let me go downstair and turn of the breakers

tadowhere :

I'm not sure how they integrated the t-stat downstairs. If this doesn't do it I will have to opt out and see if another expert can sort out the issue. I don't see anywhere on honeywell where this can be used w/ multiple t-stats.

Customer:

Bleu wire in on C terminal. Black wire is not connected

tadowhere :

correct

Customer:

let me power on again

tadowhere :

k

Customer:

t-start is on

Customer:

so bleu most go to Bleu. Let run a test

tadowhere :

k

Customer:

function code 190 to 0 is that ok ?

Customer:

or 170 to 7?

tadowhere :

should be 0190 according to honeywell

Customer:

yes. i think so

Customer:

system is on

Customer:

the outside unit is rotating clockwise.

tadowhere :

so it pulling air in?

Customer:

let me ckeck again. I was under the impression it was pulling air out

tadowhere :

well it should be pushing air out in a/c mode

Customer:

ok.

Customer:

I looks like we are fine.

Customer:

The downstair thermostat doesn`t see to control anything. Doesn`t make sense if the new t-stat is now controlling the whole system. I turned off the downstair unit but the system is still working

tadowhere :

that's good. The black is just an extra common it seems so cap that off.

Customer:

Ok. I see

Customer:

I appreciate your time. I will now set up the wifi. But I can do it myself from now. I appreciate your help today. the cost will be $38 is that correct ?

tadowhere :

It took us awhile but glad to see your up and running.

tadowhere :

Yes if you hit the accept answer and give me a positive rating that would be great.

Customer:

Definitely will do it.

tadowhere :

Thanks for using JA

tadowhere :

Please remember I only get paid if you accept my answer. If I have provided you with the answers you needed to solve your problem positive feedback would be great. Thanks

Customer:

very knowledgeable and professional. was helpful on getting my Thermostat ibstalled

tadowhere, Handyman
Experience: I have over 16 years experience in HVAC